Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Her many lives

I found this unusual cameo at an estate sale this summer. I've never seen a cameo in this color and the size was really unusual.  Right after I bought it I was flipping through an interior decorating magazine. There was a photo of a bunch of the cameos/intaglios framed. They referred to them as 18th century wax seals.  Recently My Notting Hill did a post about them




I'm guessing that at some point someone set this particular cameo in the pronged rhinestone pin back so that it could be worn.  I thought it was beautiful as is, but I don't know anyone that wears pins.


I thought it would make an amazing one-of-a-kind cuff bracelet. And I had one just the right size that I found this summer at the flea market.

So here she is ready for her next life.








Details: cuff is made of base metal and some of the rhinestones have been replaced