Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Couture Creatures Collection

I've been drawn to the creatures lately while out treasure hunting. I've been picking up bugs, salamanders, beatles and I even bought a swordfish.



I love the idea of something seemingly not so lady like on something very feminine, like these salamander brooches on pearls.




When I was looking at these brooches at a consignment boutique another shopper asked if I knew what the salamander symbolized. When I got home I looked it up and here is what I found - The salamander symbolizes enduring faith, courage, that can't be destroyed.





What's more, both of these necklaces are designed so you can wear them with the salamander brooch (as the clasp), OR you can use the "s" clasp included to have a very elegant  multi-strand pearl necklace. 



The gold salamander is a little dressier I think.


I think this silver one on the smaller top-drilled pearls could be worn everyday.


I'll be adding these necklaces, and more couture creatures to my website.  If you're interested in any of my designs just e-mail me.